Is your teen old enough to be financially responsible, but not old enough to get a regular checking account? That’s why we’ve created our Youth Checking Account for teens age 15 to 18. Once they turn 18, they're eligible to get a regular Checking Account.
- A parent MUST be on the account with the minor.
- That parent MUST sign the consent form authorizing the checking/debit.
- A driver's license or State ID card for the minor is required for ages 16+. We will accept a school ID with birth certificate on file for minors at the age of 15.
- The parent on the account must accompany them and sign to file any dispute paperwork.
- No overdraft tolerance (ODT) on the account. After they turn 18 they will be eligible to qualify if they meet the requirements.
- First debit card is free, after that $5 each.
- Account will be set up as a lifestyle account so no maintenance fees will accrue.
Click here to view the Youth Checking Account Policy and Youth Checking Consent Form. When opening a Youth Checking Account, please print and fill out the form before coming in to see us.
Speak to a WWFCU Member Service Representative at (734) 721-5700 or stop by our branch if you have any questions.